CAKES & COOKIES BY HANNAH
Sweets & Cakes
Spices & Sugars
Cupcakes & Cookies
Make the perfect recipes for Friendship

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Oscar Night!

My children have the most amazing teachers, so when I was asked to make a cake and cookies for an event to honor them I jumped at the chance!

Trying to stay organized in my home and on top of making cookies and a cake was certainly a challenge, and by the end of the week we were in a bit of a turmoil! Needless to say the cake made it to the event just on time along with the cookies. Even though the cake wasn't quite finished, I believe no one really noticed and all enjoyed it.


The cake was Chocolate with Raspberry Swiss Meringue Buttercream, Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Frosting and Lemon Cake with Lemon Swiss Meringue Buttercream. I was trying to be so organized with the cake, that I made up my lemon curd ahead of time and then when it came to filling the cake I completely forgot to put it in and only remembered once the cake was covered with ganache! Haha! The kids certainly didn't mind as I've now been making Lemon Curd Tarts!

Oscar Award Cookies

The Oscar Award Cookies were not my original idea. The lady who asked me to make them had found them on pinterest. I later discovered they were made by Bakerella. If you click on her page she tells you how to make them, although I found the cut in the round cookie didn't actually help because I made mine too small! They were fairly easy to make, expect the day I made them it rained and rained and  rained. It continued through the night making the humidity rise and the icing took twice as long to dry . This resulted in some of the statutes taking a nose dive onto the table. You can imagine my face when I woke the next morning to discover some of them flat on their faces! I had made extra but unfortunately not enough and some of them ended up having to be used!

"And Action..."
The ladies did an incredible job in decorating the room for the teachers! It looked wonderful. They put so much hard work into this and had been planning it for so many months, collecting gifts and different ideas. They spent so much time and money to pull this off to bless our teachers and I really don't know how they did it! Thank you for all your hard work Jenn and Wendy!


Until next time have a "sweet" time baking for and with your loved ones

Sugar & Spice Cake Shop, Hannah ~

0 comments:

Post a Comment