CAKES & COOKIES BY HANNAH
Sweets & Cakes
Spices & Sugars
Cupcakes & Cookies
Make the perfect recipes for Friendship

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Rustic Tree Wedding Cake

I've been so busy these last few months and finally there is a lull! So I thought I'd take this opportunity to share with you the things that were keeping me so busy.

One of my favourite things to make are wedding cakes and although there is a lot of work involved there is also the great reward of seeing it finished and the bride and groom's delight.

I made this cake for one of my friend's daughters. (It seems odd to have friends who have daughters who are getting married, after all I'm still 21 right?!) She has four daughters and they are the most beautiful girls I have ever met. Their beauty isn't just to behold it shines deep within them, and pours out on all who meet them with their sweet smiles, tender hearts, gentle words and their love for God. They really are godly young girls who will be used mightily by God in whatever He has them to do, whether it be a wife, mother or working on the mission field, I know they will touch many peoples lives because they have already. 

I can not be surprised at this though, because their Mother is the most wonderful woman. Every time I am around her I glean so much from her. I really should get together with her more so she can impart so much more wisdom upon me!! And although I would like to, I can't give all the credit to their sweet Mama because they have a pretty great Papa too!! This family is such an amazing family and have endured so much and God uses them in so many lives. It's pretty incredible to see.


The wedding day was so special and beautiful, and although the weather wasn't quite what everyone was expecting the love these two share warmed everyone's heart!


The bottom tier was a gluten free chocolate cake, which I have to admit I am no expert at gluten free and have had many failures. This one turned out amazing and was loved by everyone, even no gluten free people. (if you would like the recipe, leave a comment and I'll post it up. But be forewarned the flour is expensive)


As the evening wore on, and the fairy lights danced throughout the barn, the guests engaged in light conversation and the Bride and Groom gazed at each other with the overwhelming feeling that this day is the beginning of their new journey together as husband and wife!

Many Blessings to you, Luke & Loraine!

Sugar & Spice Cake Shop, Hannah~

2 comments:

Hannah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Reina Dalton said...

Wow Hannah, this cake was an amazing work of art. It was beyond any of our wildest expectations! You are a gem, and we can't believe that you learned and mastered the art of gluten free baking to make sure that this cake was truly delicious for those who can & cannot have wheat. You are a true professional, and a precious friend! The kind words you expressed about our family are humbling to say the least, and we would like to acknowledge and thank your family and the sacrifices you all made to make our daughters wedding day so amazing.
Well done sister! Thank you from all the Dalton Gang (and Schrader's too! ) :)

Post a Comment