CAKES & COOKIES BY HANNAH
Sweets & Cakes
Spices & Sugars
Cupcakes & Cookies
Make the perfect recipes for Friendship

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Pirate Cupcakes

My daughter was having an end of year school party which was a pirate theme and I was asked to make cupcakes for it, so when I saw Royal Bakery's Pirate Cupcakes I had to make them for the class. Lesley Wright, owner of Royal Bakery is an amazing baker and I love following along the incredible designs she comes up with. She is so talented and loves to share how she makes these cakes with the world. Her tutorials are wonderful, although when recreating someone else's idea it never seems to come up to their standard, well at least it doesn't for me. I feel that in the cake business I still have so much to learn and so much practicing to get that perfect cake. The other thing I love about Lesley is that she is British living in California and not only that but she used to live in Nottingham!! My hometown is Mansfield and Nottingham is our nearest city, where I used to work. I feel like I have so much in common with her.
Ahoy there, Matey!
Treasure Map
Treasure Chest


The kids loved them and they were quickly gobbled up. My daughter had to save her topper and it now sits on her shelf. Funny little girl.

If you what to have a go at making these, Lesley does a wonderful tutorial for them which can be found in her notes. Visit her page Royal Bakery 

Sugar & Spice Cake Shop, Hannah~

0 comments:

Post a Comment