CAKES & COOKIES BY HANNAH
Sweets & Cakes
Spices & Sugars
Cupcakes & Cookies
Make the perfect recipes for Friendship

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Shrove Tuesday

American Pancake Cake.

Today I woke up, checked my mail and then browsed through my business page newsfeed on Facebook. I immediately came across Victorious Cupcake's little cupcake with 3 miniature pancakes on top covered with maple syrup, which jogged my memory that it's Shrove Tuesday today!!! AAAHHH I totally forgot, so now it's a mad rush to gather ingredients to make my kids favourite pancakes. We usually like to make main course pancakes with bacon, cheese and tomato and then we finish with dessert pancakes. Their favourite is the simple lemon and sugar, but sometimes we'll put a scoop of ice cream on with a drizzle of homemade caramel sauce.

This year I thought I'd share my favourite pancake recipe, which are considered crepes in America.

PANCAKE RECIPE

8oz All purpose/plain Flour
4 eggs
16floz milk
pinch of salt

Place flour into a mixing bowl and add salt. Crack eggs into a measuring jug and whisk adding a little milk, about a tablespoon. Pour into flour and whisk with a hand whisk. 

Measure half the milk and slowly pour small amounts into the flour and egg whisking in-between to prevent the batter from going lumpy. Once it's mixed, add the rest of the milk and whisk.

Heat a non-stick frying pan with a small amount of oil and once hot add a ladle full of batter, swirling around the pan. After a few minutes, shake the pan and the pancake should move which indicates the pancake is ready to flip. 

Flip over and cook for a few more minutes then turn out onto a plate and add whatever filling you desire. 

Enjoy

Happy Shove Tuesday!

Sugar & Spice, Hannah~

0 comments:

Post a Comment