CAKES & COOKIES BY HANNAH
Sweets & Cakes
Spices & Sugars
Cupcakes & Cookies
Make the perfect recipes for Friendship

Monday, November 19, 2012

Upward Basketball Cake

My son loves basketball. He's been playing Upward Basketball for 5 years and has really enjoyed it. The coaches are all volunteers and dedicate their time to the boys for about 9 weeks. During those weeks they practice and attend games every Saturday which is a lot of commitment. We know this first hand as my husband was the coach one year and, although it was very rewarding, it was also very tiring.

As a thank you I made a cake! It was actually an experimental cake as I made Swiss Meringue Buttercream for the first time. I thought it would go well with a White Chocolate Mud Cake as it isn't as sweet as American Buttercream. It was a great hit and tasted really good. I did two layers filled with SMB and one layer with White Chocolate Ganache and the combination was lovely. Definitely one I will make again.

 I also made basketball cookies and wrote each of the boys name on them, along with their number. My husband then made tags with their team's name on. He took the logo from The New Jersey Nets and changed the colour to correspond with this years Upward colour.

I think the boys liked them.

Now to get busy with Thanksgiving preparations. This year I thought it would be fun for the children to make their own cookies and decorate them. Hopefully more icing will go on the cookie rather than the floor or into their little mouths!!

Sugar & Spice, Hannah~

0 comments:

Post a Comment