CAKES & COOKIES BY HANNAH
Sweets & Cakes
Spices & Sugars
Cupcakes & Cookies
Make the perfect recipes for Friendship

Friday, November 30, 2012

Pink Daisy Baby Shower Cake

This has been a long awaited cake!!! When this couple first got married we all waited in anticipation for the announcement of their first child, but time went on and the years passed and no news of a baby came. I began to seriously pray for them in April 2007. I had two children at the time and I can not imagine what my life would be without them. I am thankful that I was able to conceive very easily with my children because I so desperately wanted children and waiting for my husband to be ready was hard enough. We were married 3 years when we found out we were going to have a baby, but my friends waited and waited, and those weeks turned into months, and the months turned into years, and I am sure doubt and hopelessness drew near.

I would think of them often and each time I lifted them up in prayer, knowing God had an incredible plan for their lives. Many of us were praying for them and finally after 10 years all our prayers were answered!!


Oh what joy to hear their news. We all celebrate with them and rejoice. It was a great privileged and honour to make this cake and it came together so wonderfully. I know God's Hand was in it, in everything, because He cares about the tiniest details!



Accompanying the cake were lemon cupcakes with pink daisies on. Each guest got to take one home in the most beautiful little boxes my very best friend made. She hosted the baby shower and tied everything in so well to match the baby's nursery. (My friend is the mother-to-be's sister-in-law!)






Baby Lindsay Lee!

MIRACLES DO HAPPEN

Sugar & Spice, Hannah~ 

0 comments:

Post a Comment