CAKES & COOKIES BY HANNAH
Sweets & Cakes
Spices & Sugars
Cupcakes & Cookies
Make the perfect recipes for Friendship

Friday, July 20, 2012

Homemade Marshmallows

This is the first time I have ever made marshmallows. I'm not really a fan of them but my daughter loves them and will do anything to get one! Over the summer we have been having many BBQs and probably the best part of it is when the coals begin to smolder at the end and you can toast marshmallows. That's when I don't mind popping one into my mouth!

This summer I somehow keep forgetting to buy them, so when 4th July rolled round and I still had no marshmallows I simply had to make them as not to let my little girl down.


They were really easy to make and I felt sure that I would mess it up because it involves boiling sugar, without burning it, until it reached about 240F. I was surprised at how well they turned out. They tasted sooooo good! The only draw back is that they have to be made ahead of time as they need to set for about 6 hours.


When toasting them you could only toast one side as they soon melted, but they still tasted delicious. You should have seen Amelia's eyes when she popped one into her mouth, it was quite a sight!


We made Smores, which I don't usually like because of the marshmallow and Hershey chocolate, but these were great. One was quite enough though!


The kids totally loved them and I probably will never go back to buying marshmallows again.

Sugar & Spice, Hannah~

1 comments:

Naomi said...

Ah, we love the home made ones too! So much better and you can make other flavors too. Perhaps this is another project to do when you come, along with homemade gluten-free gram crackers I have been dying to make!! That oven is going to be on a lot while you are here;)!!

Post a Comment