CAKES & COOKIES BY HANNAH
Sweets & Cakes
Spices & Sugars
Cupcakes & Cookies
Make the perfect recipes for Friendship

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th Of July


Independence Day - the day America became independent from Great Britain, only in our house my poor husband will never really be free from the Brits!! haha

We noticed that our neighbours either side of us both were being very patriotic flying their American flags proudly. Upon seeing this my daughter came running and asked my husband if we could fly our flag and pulled out the Union Jack!!! We did have a little chuckle, but told her that it would probably be best not to today.

We celebrated like any other American family with the traditional BBQ, corn on the cob and watermelon. I never quite got round to the strawberry and rhubarb pie, but I did manage to make homemade marshmallows!! They were wonderful and were a great hit with the kids. They loved toasting them this evening over the warm coals of the BBQ.

I also decided to make some fun cookies in honour of this special day. They are my youngest son's favourite thing.





God Bless AMERICA, ...land that I love!

Have a wonderful week.
Sugar & Spice, Hannah~

0 comments:

Post a Comment