CAKES & COOKIES BY HANNAH
Sweets & Cakes
Spices & Sugars
Cupcakes & Cookies
Make the perfect recipes for Friendship

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Fun Cake Pops With The Kids

During the summer holidays we always wonder what fun things we can do with our children. For me I am not really into all the different camps they have here in the States. I love being with my kids and enjoying moments with them that school seems to steal away from me during the school year. I love hanging out with them doing nothing of importance really, just enjoying each others company. I like to turn the things we have to do into fun things for the kids. Like having a race to see who can make their beds the fastest or putting crazy music on and dusting the living room or pulling out all the warm clothes from the dryer and dumping it on the kids. They lie there for a while and then fold it all up for me. For some reason I don't have to turn cleaning the bathroom into a fun game as all my kids love cleaning it and my eldest son will clean it where I don't have go back over it. He's great when company comes over and I say "Quick check the bathroom and make sure it's clean" and he'll do it perfectly.

Now don't get me wrong, my kids are far from perfect and there are those times when they'll refuse to do something no matter how fun I make it and believe me they can fight like cats and dogs, but on the whole they're pretty good. Just like adults there are those times we just can't be bothered and those times we are grumpy for one reason or another.

Today I decided to make some fun cake pops with the kids. It was a fun activity for them and at the end of the day they get a fun dessert after dinner. They really enjoyed rolling up the cake into balls, dipping them into the chocolate and lastly choosing designs and sprinkles. Some of the balls were not really like balls at all and it took everything in me not to go back and re-roll them! I think the best part was when some of them fell of the sticks whilst dipping them into the chocolate as those got eaten straight away.


Amelia made this one. She chose gold sugar sprinkles. I piped on the swirls with royal icing and she did the rest.


This is Jack's and I love it as the pink nonpareils he chose makes it look like little blossoms. It almost reminds me of cherry blossoms.


William made two different designs. First he choose orange sugar sprinkles (the photo looks more gold but it was orange) and then the pink nonpareils like Jack's only he wanted dots.



 Of course I couldn't keep my mitts off them and had to make some myself. It was great to be able to make something and not care it is goes wrong since it was all for fun. Takes the stress out of it for sure!

Hope this inspires you to have fun in the kitchen with your kids. You might end up with a messy kitchen but the moments you share with your kids will be remembered far more than the messy kitchen.

Sugar & Spice, Hannah~

2 comments:

Naomi said...

Yum!!! Can't wait until you get here so we can all have a go!! What fun it will be!!!

Anonymous said...

Hannah, so true life goes so quickly. Enjoy them while they are young and make memories they too will never forget. I still remember the times in our kitchen with my children, we always had fun and they learned so much more than forcing them to do what is needed. Many people commented to me seeing my kids help clear the table without having to say a word to them. Enjoy your summer!

Post a Comment