CAKES & COOKIES BY HANNAH
Sweets & Cakes
Spices & Sugars
Cupcakes & Cookies
Make the perfect recipes for Friendship

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Biscuit The Dog

I was asked by my sister if I would make her daughter a cake topper of a dog.  Of course I expected the challenge and only wished I could have been there to see my little niece's face.  I knew if I was able to pull it off, and it got there in one piece, that she would love.

Well here he is

"Biscuit the Dog"
He was shipped to North Carolina from Florida and amazingly enough arrived well. His tongue had fallen out and a few of the flowers had broken, but otherwise looked great


With his bowl of bones and tennis ball!


I made him from fondant.  At first I really wasn't sure where to begin, but as I began to mold the fondant he started to look more like a little puppy and adding his tongue and eyebrows gave him character.  The bowl of bones and tennis ball were an after thought, but turned out really fun.

I think she was surprised!


The story behind the cake itself is one where "I've been there, done that" sort of story. You can read about it here Lydia Hope: Birthday Girl! 

I have a story of my own to share, which happened today.  It's similar to my sister's where you have this amazing idea for a cake, but along the way something happens and it turns out so different to what you thought.  It's times like these that I wonder why I like decorating cakes and cookies so much, then another idea comes and I begin again hoping this time it will be a success.  I'll post pictures tomorrow and share the stress of it all!  haha

Hoping you have a wonderful weekend

Sugar & Spice, Hannah~

2 comments:

Anais LeBlanc said...

How much would it be for you to make just the dog and ship it to Louisiana? I'm getting married August 9th and my husband wants a yeallow lab as a cake topper on the groom's cake.

Hannah said...

The cost would be $30 for the dog plus shipping. I haven't looked into prices of shipping but will check it out for you if you give me your zip code.

Let me know if you would like to place the order and then we can talk about custom designing the dog for the cake.

Blessings

Sugar & Spice Cake Shop, Hannah~

sugarspice.hannah@gmail.com

Post a Comment