CAKES & COOKIES BY HANNAH
Sweets & Cakes
Spices & Sugars
Cupcakes & Cookies
Make the perfect recipes for Friendship

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Green?... No Blue Orchids!!

I know it's St. Patrick's Day and so everything should be green, but alas they only thing I have to offer is blue Orchids!!  A cake I have been working on this week and although I really wanted to make a cake, as I have a really good idea for a St. Patrick's Day cake, I had so much fun working on this cake and was so pleased with the way the orchids turn out.


I was asked to make a cake for a friend's 10 year Anniversary.  They were renewing their vows on the beach and then friends and family were to enjoy a little reception with lunch and cake!!  One of my favourite things is to make flowers out of sugar paste.  I wished I could make flowers on every cake as I just love making them and my goal is always to try to make them look as real as possible, yet these flowers will never die! I made 5 open orchids and 5 buds to represents their 10 years of marriage.



 The Cake Table


10 fondant seashells on the cake also represented 10 more wonderful years of marriage.





Footprints in the sand! Each set represented the family; Husband, Wife, and their 2 children.  The sand was light brown sugar.  The top tier was vanilla cake with buttercream filling and the bottom was chocolate mud cake with chocolate ganache filling. 
Hoping you all have a wonderful St. Patrick's Day.

Happy Baking

Sugar & Spice, Hannah ~


0 comments:

Post a Comment