CAKES & COOKIES BY HANNAH
Sweets & Cakes
Spices & Sugars
Cupcakes & Cookies
Make the perfect recipes for Friendship

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Kids In The Kitchen

 It's so fun baking with children.  Mine especially love it and never miss an opportunity to dive right in with me. My favourite recipe to make with them is Chocolate Chip Cookies.  It's easy, requires no eggs and the kids can lick the spoons and bowls afterwards, (which is the best part of baking!)


I thought I would share my recipe with you.  It is the best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe in my opinion and actually it's not my recipe, I got it from the old faithful BeRo Book!  I first made this recipe when I was 19 years old and my work colleagues loved it, so now I make it with my kids and they love it too.  I am sure you will love it as well.





CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
creaming together the sugar and butter
 
100g (4oz) (1 stick) Butter
75g (3oz)  (1/2 cup Packed) soft brown sugar
2 tbsp Golden Syrup/Agave Syrup/Dark Corn Syrup
175g (6oz) (1 1/2 cups) Flour
100g (4oz) (2/3 cup) Chocolate Chips
2 tbsp Milk


Note: When making this recipe in the US I use all-purpose flour, but in the UK, use BeRo self raising flour.  The self raising flour in America is too salty.  I never use it for my baking, but will always add baking powder or baking soda (depending on the recipe) to cake flour or all-purpose flour.  For this recipe all-purpose without baking powder is fine.



~ Heat oven to 180C, 350F, Gas Mark 4. Grease baking trays.
~ Beat the butter until soft, add the sugar and cream together until light and fluffy. It is easier to use an electric mixer.
~ Stir in the syrup, flour, chocolate chips and milk and mix well.
~ Place spoonfuls of the mixture on the prepared trays and bake for 10 minutes or until brown around the edges. Remove from the tray immediately and place on a wire rack to cool

Enjoy with a cold glass of milk or hot cup of tea!!

pouring chocolate chips (her favourite!)

onto the baking tray they go!
Golden Syrup can be found in the US, but may be hard to come by
Agave Syrup is found in health food stores or in some grocery stores 
Yummy!

 Hope your family enjoys this recipe!


Stay posted as I am doing my first blog giveaway in honour of over 400 fans on my Facebook page.  Very exciting!!

8 comments:

Proverbs 31 Wannabe said...

Hannah,
You are so creative! I enjoy looking at the cakes and cookies you have made and they taste so good too! I am going to try these cookies ~ just have to get some agave nectar. Will you do a post about how to make cake pops? I thought the ones at the Rapunzel party were so delicious!
Rachael

Hannah said...

Thanks Rachael! The agave nectar is found it some Walmarts. I think it's in the baking section with the syrups. I also just saw it in Marshalls for $5.99
Good idea about the cake pops. I've got just the perfect design to go with this time of year. Hopefully I'll get time to do it. :)

Anonymous said...

Hannah,
I love your blog...and pictures to illustrate what you are talking about is wonderful. Since it looks like Amelia did all the preparations, I assume William had an apron on in order to eat the chocochip cookies.
Gin

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. You have such a great helper. Can I borrow them for a day. They are very cute kids.

Abigail said...

Hi Hannah
All your creations are so pretty and tasty!! :) Please enter me in your drawing.
Abigail xx

Hannah said...

Thanks for stopping by Abigail. I will enter you for in the drawing!!

Beverly Wild said...

Hi Hannah, Love your new blog! You are an inspiration to us all! I hope I win some of your goodies so please enter me in your drawing:)

Kerry Gullick said...

Loving your blog Hannah! There are so many different cakes/cookies etc...that I could comment on. They are all amazing! there's certainly no end to your talent. I think you will definately achieve your goal of owning a little shop someday (I'd like it to be in Forest Town) or preferably the UK so that we can all try your cakes too! Keep up the good work x

Post a Comment