CAKES & COOKIES BY HANNAH
Sweets & Cakes
Spices & Sugars
Cupcakes & Cookies
Make the perfect recipes for Friendship

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What to do with your Homemade Lemon Curd?

Once you make your Lemon Curd what do you do with it? Well we made lemon cake with lemon curd filling and covered it in buttercream and fondant. My children ended up decorating this one for my birthday with food colouring pens. They had fun.

You don't have to ice your cake with fondant, you can simply leave it plain, which is just as good if not better in my opinion. I love to decorate my cakes in fondant, making them look really pretty and adding decorations for other people, but mostly I like eating them plain with a lovely cup of tea!!


My daughter wrote this for me






The cake above is pound cake with a layer of lemon curd filling and 2 layers of buttercream. I wished I had taken a picture of it once it was cut because it cut so beautiful and clean. If you want the recipe to the lemon cake I will gladly post it, just let me know.

Enjoy!

Sugar & Spice

0 comments:

Post a Comment