CAKES & COOKIES BY HANNAH
Sweets & Cakes
Spices & Sugars
Cupcakes & Cookies
Make the perfect recipes for Friendship

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Lemon Curd Recipe

It's been over a month since I last wrote and during that time I've been doing some experiments with different recipes and trying them out on friends and family. Since it's summer I've been having a craving for lemons!!! Lemonade, lemon curd, lemon meringue pie, lemon cake.... you name it I've been making it. The kids have been loving it especially my eldest son who fights me for the lemon curd pot. It's so good we have seriously been eating it from the pot! Here's a recipe that I'd like to share with you that I've played around with until I got the results I wanted. Hope you like it.
Lemon Curd Recipe
4 lemons, zest and juice
7oz/200g (3/4cup) sugar
3.5oz/100g (6tbsp) butter, cut into cubes
5 egg yolk
1. Put the lemon zest and juice, the sugar and butter into the top of a double boiler and set over a pan of gently simmering water. Stir the mixture every now and again until all the butter has melted.
2. Lightly whisk the egg yolks and stir them into the lemon mixture. Whisk until all the ingredients are well combined. Leave to cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is creamy and thick enough to coat the back of a spoon
3. Remove the lemon curd from the heat and set aside to cool. Once cooled, spoon the lemon curd into sterilised jars and seal. Keep in the fridge until ready to use.
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we have. It is one that I will use over and over again. It's so easy to make and sure beats buying it with all the dyes that come in the store bought version.
Have a sugary day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanx so much for sharing this, Hannah. I know it will be great!! I have looked and looked for a good lemon curd recipe

Hannah said...

I hope you enjoy it, we certainly did. It was extremely yummy and we ended up making lemon cake and filling it with the lemon curd and also making lemon curd tarts.

Post a Comment