CAKES & COOKIES BY HANNAH
Sweets & Cakes
Spices & Sugars
Cupcakes & Cookies
Make the perfect recipes for Friendship

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Spring Is For New Life

So spring is almost here and I thought it would be a wonderful idea to share some of my favourite cakes and cookies for a new baby!!

I love making baby shower cakes and cookies. It's so fun to see them come together. Each cake is specifically design for the mother-to-be and usually the colours match the decor of the baby's room or theme. I enjoy babies so much and can not believe how mine are growing up so quickly. My youngest will be 3 in April and since he is the baby the time has gone by even faster, so I guess that's why I enjoy doing baby cakes!


Pink Stork Cake

The top tier was a dummy cake, so the mother could have a keepsake for the baby and it also helped when creating the stork. The legs were long so I wrapped gum paste around some florist wires to keep them from breaking and then I inserted them into the dummy cake.

Baby Rattle Cookies

Each cookie was placed with the table setting for the guests and were enjoyed immensely by the children!


Baby Lily Cake






Onesie Cookies Favors



Baby in a Cradle


The cradle took a week to construct! It had to be made in several stages so that it was hard enough to stand and hold the baby. I really enjoyed making this cake. It was extremely fun to watch it all come together.


Mum to be Cake


This cake was inspired by Lorraine Mckay. I changed the colours for the theme of the baby shower. Since it was an evening and co-ed shower I decided to go with a more elegant feel.



Sugar cookies made to look like sweetie or candy. They were placed on the table along side the cake.



These teddy cookies were given to each guest upon leaving. They are sugar cookies with royal icing and have shelf life of 4 weeks.


Baby in a Basket Cake




Boy or Girl Cake?




Jungle Cake


This cake was for a little boy and the theme was a jungle, with fun animals. The cake was lemon cake with lemon filling and lemon buttercream which was covered in fondant.



Elegant Baby Boy Cake




Little Booties Cake


This cake is carrot cake as it was the mother's favourite flavour. I wasn't sure on how to decorate a carrot cake with having a layer of nuts and keeping it as a baby shower cake, so I made booties and a bouquet of flowers out of mexican modeling paste and flower paste. That way the mother could have a keepsake for her baby!


Animal and Baby Cake





The top tier is Amaretto cake and the bottom tier is vanilla, both covered in fondant. The animals and baby is made from mexican modeling paste. The theme was Noah's ark and on the invitations was the design of the leaves which I painted onto the cake.

0 comments:

Post a Comment